Through Science and Art™
After a century of setting and surpassing the
highest standards in the roofing industry, CertainTeed presents its crowning
achievement: Centennial Slate™
Based on a new technology that allows color
to be applied to each shingle tab individually with a precision previously
found only in nature, Centennial Slate replicates the true uncanny accuracy,
but at a fraction of the cost.
Centennial Slate is the first in a new generation of asphalt
roofing shingles made possible by this color application system. Although
the color patterns have the spontaneous random beauty of natural slate,
Centennial Slate is unvarying in the strength and durability of its construction.
Equally suited to many architectural styles, Centennial Slate utilizes
an ingenious design in which two full-sized base shingles combine to simulate
the profile of natural slate, providing four full layers of weather protection
The Integrity Roof System™
Waterproofing shingle underlayment prevents
leaks from ice dams and wind-driven rain in vulnerable areas.
- Roofers' Select™
High performance underlayment as a secondary
barrier against leaks.
- CertainTeed Shingles
High quality shingles available in a wide
variety of styles and colors, covered by one of the best warranties
in the business.
Air Vent, Inc. offers a full line of ventilation
products that improves air circulation throughout your attic.
- Flintlastic™ Roll Roofing
A selection of high-quality roll roofing products
for porches, carports, canopies, additions and any flat (or low-slope)
Centennial Slate™ product specifications:
- Patented Super Shangle® construction
- Virtual four-layer coverage when applied
- Fiber glass composition: U.L. Class A
- Algae resistant (varies by state)
- Provides the look of true blended slate
- 355 lb. per square
- UL Certified to meet ASTM D3462
Your Centennial Slate roof can be elegantly
accented with coordinating Grand Manor or Carriage House rip and ridge
accessory in complementary colors. The accessory provides 8" of exposure
and two full layers of protection when installed.
Slate™ Color Palette
Note: Colors may vary by
Colors are for comparison only and will vary from monitor to monitor.
Colors subject to changes by granule manufacturers.
Before making a final selection, please consider the following:
- Request full shingle samples;
- See actual roof applications;
- Inasmuch as the appearance of a roof may vary
depending upon the light exposure, consider viewing several roof
applications under various kinds of light, i.e. bright sun, partial
sun, full cloud, etc.;
- Determine if the pitch of your roof will impact
how a shingle color will look on your home. To make the best selection,
view homes with your shingle color choice with roof pitches similar
to your own.
- Centennial Slate is manufactured with algae-resistant
copper roofing granules and is certified to protect against discoloration
for 15 years after installation.
- Lifetime limited transferable warranty against manufacturing
defects on residential applications.
- 50-year limited transferable warranty against manufacturing
defects on group owned or commercial applications
- 10-year warranty against winds up to 110 mph
- 10-year SureStart™ protection
* See actual warranty for specific details and limitations.
The Centennial Slate
is a registered trademark of CertainTeed